Re: 68 vs 69 console and choke cable differences

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 68 vs 69 console and choke cable differences
From: "datsun parts.com" <datsunpartsdotcom@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2004 11:20:27 -0800 (PST)
"datsun parts.com" <datsunpartsdotcom@yahoo.com> wrote:      Be sure to hold
the shaft with pliers that do not have serrated jaws as, depending on where you
hold the shaft,  this area if galled, can enter the plastic cam in the
mechanism and bind the assembly when closing. Try to hold the shaft as close to
the knob as possible. This has repeatedly been a complaint with customers when
buying a newer assembly.  Dean

Stan Chernoff <az589@lafn.org> wrote: The knob on the new assembly is mounted
with a spring loaded bayonet type
mechanism. Pull the knob out and hold the shaft and then push the knob in
and turn it and then it will come off.

Stan
=======

On my 68, the choke cable had a removable