Re: Infiniti G35 vs BMW M3

To: Gerardo Magana <gmagana@softcom.net>, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Infiniti G35 vs BMW M3
From: Jerry Krakauer <jsk977@optonline.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 08:47:06 -0500
Gerardo,

Car & Driver, Road & Track and Autoweek have all had comparisons over the
last year or so. They were a mixture of G35 sedan and coupe and BMW 330s and
perhaps 325s sedans and coupes, but I've seen no comparison G35 vs. M3. Both
price and performance, the M3 is in another class. As far as performance
goes, remember the G35 coupe has 20 more HP than the sedan.

I currently have an 01 330Ci (coupe) and the lease is up in April. I will
most likely get another one, but I just drove a G35 coup, and it was
impressive. Quick, handled well(but not much you can do with the salesman in
the right seat) and smooth gearshift. The interior while pleasing enough
gave the impression that it was made for a car one class below the G35. If
acceleration is your thing, don't be misled by the difference in HP, 225 vs.
280, times are comparable. Price wise the G35 is less, but not as much as
some think; around here 330Ci's are going for about invoice pulse 1,500,
while G35 coupes are selling for MSRP. If I didn't have the BMW first, I
most likely would have gotten a G35. You can't go wrong with either. Again,
if you want an M3, it's in a class by itself. Good luck

Jerry Krakauer

.