Re: Project SR20DET Has Begun!!!

To: Roadster List <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Project SR20DET Has Begun!!!
From: Ronnie Day <rday@hot.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2004 21:11:24 -0500
>>Brandon: After debating the issue for some time, I finally came to the
conclusion that it would be in my best interests to do  the SR20DET swap
instead of rebuilding the U20.

>>>Daniel:- I had a nice talk with the Sr20 swap guru Mike Spreadbury.  He said
that the SR20DET was too much power for the roadster...but I am sure that's
probably what you are going for.

> Victor:

> Dan gives good advice, Mike is the man for this one. I've seen a clean SR20DE
install but yet to see a tidy DET. Too much plumbing! But if someone does
it, It would be an accomplishment worth applauding. Don't think you could
really give a DET the "gas" without blowing an H190 to smithereens! Worth
the price of the admission ticket though!

Ron Hamilton

The trick to not converting the rear end to shrapnel is to limit the
tire to ground relationship and let the tires spin rather than twist
everything into a pretzel ala the RCKTSHP that now resides in Canada

I'd think one advantage of the roadster's solid axle is being able to swap
in a heavier duty piece like a Ford 9 inch or something similar. Not
necessarily real cheap, but cheaper than finding, rebuilding and grenading
H-190s on a too regular basis. Might require going to 4-link/coilover
system, too.

Ron