Re: O/T Tuning single DCOE on J15 engine

To: Roadster List <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: O/T Tuning single DCOE on J15 engine
From: Ronnie Day <rday@hot.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 04 Aug 2004 18:32:39 -0500
>thomas walter

> Mike --- you overlooked the big reason for a single
> DCOE on a MG... 5 port cylinder heads! Yep, Only two
> intake ports (siamesed first one feeding cylinders one
> and two, second port feeding three and four).
>
> David Vizard had a series of articles on using TWO
> DCOE carbs, each using only one throat, feeding the
> MG-B. Idea was to have a "straight shot" at feeding
> the cylinders, but he still had a heck of time getting
> the a/f balance in both cylinders.  I subscribed to
> CCC (Car & Car Conversions) over 20 years ago, so most
> likely the article dates from then (Before he moved to
> the USA & wrote about Cheby's!).

Hi Tom,

Now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure that Des Hammil has a book on
Webers in addition to the one on SUs. My copy's packed with the other
Hammil, Vizard and Bell books. Gotta dig those out as soon as it starts to
cool off. Most of the newer additions to my library I ordered from Amazon,
IIRC. Summer's finally arrived with a vengeance here in central Texas with
temp bumping over 100, so it'll be a couple of months before I start digging
around in a store room that faces due west.

I also have a couple of Weber books from the '70s that list various engines,
applications and include carb recommendation along with suggested choke
sizes, emulsion tube number and (I think) suggested jetting. I'll see if I
can't locate those. When I do I'll let you folks know and you can email me
if you want to see what "the book" suggests for what you're playing with.
These aren't carved in stone of course, but it should get you in the ball
park.

FWIW, Ron