A funny thing happened to me on the way....

To: datsun-roadsters@Autox.Team.Net, seroc@datsunroadsters.com
Subject: A funny thing happened to me on the way....
From: "sidney raper" <spl310@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2005 07:00:47 -0500
This past Saturday, my family and I went to the Hoggetowne Faire - a
Medieval Renaissance Festival.  It was a bit chilly in the AM, so while my
oldest daughter had on her Princess outfit (her Halloween costume - was for
the right era), the rest of us were in regular clothes.  My wife and I had
on our denim jackets.

Well, several years ago, someone at the Glen was selling a DATSUN patch that
was the old style patch - the one with the Griffin on it.  They are large
patches, so I had mine sewn onto my jacket.  A buddy had one made in about
2/3 scale which was put on my wife's jacket.  (we have an even smaller one
which is on the baby's jacket...) and we did not think much of it as we were
strolling about.

As it goes, there is a archway (made to look like the main battlement) which
you have to enter through and there are "archers" on top that are commenting
on the people coming in - all with bad 15th century accents of course.  As
we strolled through, I could hear them saying "Datsun?" and being a bit
perplexed.  They are not car people.  We got a little further in and a
fellow in full knight regalia said, "Aye, tis Lord and Lady Datsun!"  We had
a good laugh and those were our nicknames for the day!

I figured that y'all would get a chuckle out of this little tidbit!!

"Lord" Sidney Raper
1964 1500 (still a project.... sigh....)
1967 SRL311 00076 (alive again!)
Jacksonville Florida
http://www.geocities.com/roadsternut/index.html