Re: Fw: U20 Lower chain death rattle?

To: "Todd Osborn" <trosborn@california.com>,
Subject: Re: Fw: U20 Lower chain death rattle?
From: Stan Chernoff <az589@lafn.org>
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2005 09:25:14 -0800
Todd,

You can pull the pan and look to see if the lower guide is causing a
problem.  Many times it is laying in the pan.  Pan comes off without moving
engine because nothing is in the way.  All of the seals and gaskets for the
timing cover and crank and pan should be available at the dealer.  The rope
seals seem a bit pricey but affordable.  Please ask if you need the
numbers.  Be careful not to damage the head gasket when removing the timing
cover.  Remove the studs from the T/C that go thru the front of the head
before removing the cover.

Stan
=========