seat upholstery/reinforce strap questions

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: seat upholstery/reinforce strap questions
From: "Tim Waltz" <printner@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2005 12:53:28 -0700
I'm far from doing interior, but I'm rounding up pieces for zinc or cad
plating.  I'm taking pieces off the seats, and one of the items that I'm not
sure will be re-used is the oval supports used on the original rubber straps
on the bottom (these oval pieces have what looks like a giant staple running
through them.)

I've seen the kits that Too Intense sells on ebay, and it comes with "hog
rings and the hog ring tool."

Will "hog rings" or other new fasteners be compatible with the old ovals, or
are the old ones obsolete and an upholstery person will do something
different????

Thanks