Re: Fw: Firestorm Spark Plugs?

To: drlsmith@telus.net
Subject: Re: Fw: Firestorm Spark Plugs?
From: "gregs672liter@netzero.net" <gregs672liter@netzero.net>
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2005 05:34:40 GMT
WOW, what a scam!  I love how he attempts to give information without really
giving any information what-so-ever.  No explanation of what detonation is or
what causes it.   I loved the part where he said he held the original spark
plug together with "toothpicks."  Ya, toothpics.
This whole thing reminds me of the time when my friend and cylinder head guru
Steve wrote an "article" about setting the "Lag timing in a water pump".  The
best line was about spinning the crank around to 25 degrees past TDC and
marking it... and then never referring to this mark in any way anywhere again
the the paper... hha ha ha!  It was incredible how many of his customers and
fellow gear heads actually bought the whole premise and were asking him how to
lag time their water pump... whatever "lag time" means!.
Greg Burrows

-- "Daryl Smith" <drlsmith@telus.net> wrote:
Anyone heard of these plugs?
http://www.nexusmagazine.com/articles/Firestorm.html

It does sound too good to be true, but with my limited experience/knowledge, I
can't tell if it is a hoax or not.
24 - 40:1 A/F ratios AND more power?

Is "Nexus" a real/reputable magaZine?

Daryl