Re: rear wheel bearing

To: jover4x4@aol.com
Subject: Re: rear wheel bearing
From: "John F Sandhoff" <sandhoff@csus.edu>
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 11:11:10 -0700
> I am trying to find a rear wheel bearing for a 2000 locally.  No parts
> houses even have a listing.

This is a very unusual size bearing and it's not going to show up
at the local parts palace. Also, Eric's suggestion to replace the collar
is spot on - that is the only thing that keeps the axle from departing
the housing. You do NOT want that happening...

Also, don't jeopardize the axle integrity by 'resizing' it (i.e. turning
it down) to fit a more standard size bearing.

Dealer or vendor is where you'll find the right parts. I picked up a spare
set of these parts (including dust shield and collar) from Stan a while
back.

-- John