Re: Three Point Belts

To: slowboy@cox.net
Subject: Re: Three Point Belts
From: RWM <RWM@rwmann.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 10:30:11 -0400
slowboy@cox.net wrote:

>Last night I was looking online at some pictures of cars that had street bars
>in them. Two of them appeared to have a bolt through them to attach the piece
>that is above the shoulder in a 3 point belt setup. These were large bolts and
>I was wondering if that is a safe way to attach that piece?
>
>One of the cars was here:
>http://www.collectorcartraderonline.com/dealeraddphotos.html?80080195
>
>I thought a tab welded to the bar maybe a better way to go but I don't know
>about that stuff.
>
>So, for those of you with three point setups, what type of belt system did you
>use? IE; Manual adjusted or automatic belts.
>
>Thanks!

Replaced the stock 3-points (35 year-old webbing was UV-rotted) with
Simpson Y-harnesses with 5-point cam-lock (single inboard sub strap),
manual adjusters, with the single belt end of Y anchored to a reinforced
rear bulkhead, the open end of the Y fixed 6" behind the head rest, twin
shoulder straps on either side of the headrest.

- Bob Mann