OT: Concealed Weapons

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: OT: Concealed Weapons
From: z m <porrada76@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 10:29:41 -0700 (PDT)
I know politics are not a good idea on a car list, but I have to speak my mind
about conceal and carry laws.  Call me crazy, but I would much rather hand my
roadster over to some guy with a gun than get in a shootout.  While the
carjacker is obviously doing something illegal and wrong, he doesn't deserve to
be killed for it - it's just a car!

Shortly after I moved from Minnesota they passed a conceal and carry law, and
yuppie hipsters all over the state ran out to get guns.  In the last year and a
half there have been at least three cases (that I know of) where idiots with
concealed guns got drunk and shot people.  Thanks, but i feel much safer
without that gun in my glove box, and I'm happy others can't (legally) have one
in theirs either.

Zack Minick - 67.5 1600 - San Francisco (7.3 homicides per 100k residents)

[Well, at the risk of sounding too righteous, if you lived in Arizona
instead of California, you could legally carry a concealed weapon and
shoot back.  A couple of years ago some moron tried to carjack a
middle-aged couple at 48th and Broadway in Phoenix.  When he
brandished his weapon, the couple drew and BOTH shot the bad guy.  I
don't think this felony stupid car jacker will repeat his attempt
again!]