Re: OT: Concealed Weapons

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: OT: Concealed Weapons
From: <slowboy@cox.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 17:35:16 -0400
Well, it's not the one who just wants the VEHICLE you need to worry about.

It's the one who wants it and uses the threat of shooting you and may shoot you
whether you give it to them or not.
Furthermore, what makes you think it is just the vehicle they want? What if
they person is having a fit of road rage and feels you slighted them? You do
realize people have been walked up on and shot with nothing taken from them. On
the other hand, you could be that female with a vagina and the vehicle is not
what that individual is after. There is a huge gray area in between the black
and white.

Since I am not a mind reader I am going to ASSUME my life is at risk when
someone is coming at me with a gun or any other item that may be used to kill
me. IE, Bat, golf club, lug wrench, etc, etc...

Although the thief does not deserve to die over a vehicle, I sure as hell don't
deserve to die so that they may have it and if I have the time to reach for my
weapon I am going to do whatever I can to not die.

A gun in the glove box is just not readily available when needed; on the side
of the tranny hump is just a shift away.

In 1984 I was chased by a car load of teens after dropping a friend off at home
and I still don't know why they chased me. Having had the nimbler Datsun I got
to the house a minute ahead of them. I ran in and grabbed the shotgun and phone
then went back out the door while they were exiting the vehicle. I was
fortunate enough not to have had to use it as they changed their minds and
left. After that I purchased a handgun and I have always had one since.

Five years later I was walking home from my parents with my family and three
blocks away a teen was being beaten with bats and shot to death one block from
his home. The teen that died had done nothing and just happened to be a victim
of a spanish group (18 - 24) taking revenge because one of them had lost a fist
fight with a white guy the day before at a party that took place ten blocks
from where they killed the teen. This teen died right in front of the
elementary school I attended in a very safe neighborhood.

I don't know what another's intentions are but I'm not willing to die to find
out.

So yes, I am calling you crazy for gambling with your life.