Re: I like classic cars you should too

To: roadster list <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: I like classic cars you should too
From: Matthew Cox <oscilloscope500@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2005 02:03:47 -0700 (PDT)
Great topic!!!

Resonably priced cars that I will own before I die...

BMW 3.0CSL (one of my favorites)
BMW Isetta
BMW 2002 (early years)

Fiat 500 (Cinquecento)

Alfa GTV

Volvo P1800 or ES1800

Ford Galaxie 500XL

Lot of other ones that are probably too pricey for me... 356, XKE, early Lotus
Elan...

I also subscribe to Sports Car Market magazine. GREAT read, but it really makes
you wish you had an acre of land and the means to build a 20 car garage on it.
It does really seem like prices are shooting up. Especially with the high end
Ferrari type stuff. But even Austin-Healey, Alfa, Jaguar, and the other
traditionally more "affordable" classics are getting extra high prices. Are we
going to see another crash in the next couple of years?

Matthew in Phoenix...

James Hoffman <ericerichoffman@yahoo.com> wrote:
As long as we're off topic-

What is everyone's favorite classic car in the same price range as the Datsun
Roadster (which of course is the coolest)?

Some of mine:

66-69 Alfa round tail spyder
Triumph TR3 or TR4
Volvo p1800: if only they had better power to weight ratio. Very expensive when
new, think if they had a longer hood, lower weight and 240Z engine.
BMW 2002 (only cool if extremely nice condition)
64-67 Pontiac LeMans/Tempest Convertible
Marcos/TVR/Ginetta (difficult parts oddities in sexy bodies)

I bet if you looked hard enough you could find a 60's or 70's Mercedes 6 cyl
sedan in primo condition under seven grand. In the 60's a plain Mercedes sedan
was the same price as a Shelby Cobra. The lower class models are lighter and
more fun to drive than the S class cars and are surely more exciting to take
women out in (I apologize for the shallow criteria) than a $35,000 new
anything. As I think is true for the list above except pray for good weather
for your date cos old cars HVAC you know the rest.

Just my opinion that classic car values are going up. Any "Sports Car Market"
Magazine fans?