Re: New Nissan windshields - the quest for info

To: "Eric A. Isaacson" <eric.isaacson@jbtool.com>,
Subject: Re: New Nissan windshields - the quest for info
From: Dan Zubkoff <zubkoff@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 18:12:59 -0700 (PDT)
Sadly, Nissan has put in place a Parts Ordering
process/culture which does not attempt to understand
the demand for parts that aren't in stock (like
windshields).

I tried to purchase a short windshield through Nissan
3 months ago at three different dealers. Each told me
that they were not in stock, and therefore they were
NLA. Courtesy Nissan told me that they contacted
Japan, but they were also NLA.

Thus, non of the dealers were able/willing to put them
on permanent backorder. So...How the heck is Nissan
Parts even supposed to know that the part is needed if
they are unwilling to even take the order?

Any Nissan parts managers on the list that can field
this question?

Thanks,

Dan Zubkoff
San Mateo, CA