Shifter Boot Rot

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Shifter Boot Rot
From: "Donna and Terry Cost" <tcost@hot.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 09:29:20 -0500
To keep gunk from coming up through the shifter hole I use a plastic lid from
a large coffee can, cut an "x" in the center, then jam it on the shifter.
You can do it from the top without removing a bunch of stuff.  I also used to
cut a 12" circle out of an old inner tube and place it on top of the coffee
can lid for added protection.  Do they still have coffee cans?  What about
used inner tubes?  Butter tub tops would work.  Those thin plastic chopping
blocks would work.  The shield is not a load bearing device, so it will not
rip or tear.

This week Andy registered for the Solo Nationals in Topeka.  He will be in
EMod, which runs on the 15th and 16th of September.  Anyone else taking a
Roadster to the Nationals?  I don't think I'll make it this year.

Leisure Suit Terry