Re: Solid State Voltage Regulators?

To: alp <akarcioglu@telus.net>,
Subject: Re: Solid State Voltage Regulators?
From: Dave Corbitt <DCorbitt77@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2005 12:29:59 -0400
My alternator is fine. It cranks out plenty of current and will
regulate with an old style mechanical regulator if I keep the
contacts clean and properly adjusted. Replacing the entire alternator
as some list members have done involves remounting the new alternator
(GM type usually) on the other side, installing a new bracket where
the old pollution pump used to be, then modifying the wiring harness
for this seems like way overkill for this issue. I just want a
reliable regulator that I can plug in to my existing wiring and
healthy alternator.

Thanks for your reply.

Dave C
Summit, NJ