RE: '69 2L: was intermittent start, now NO start

To: "'Pat Horne'" <pjhorne@mail.utexas.edu>,
Subject: RE: '69 2L: was intermittent start, now NO start
From: "Daniel Neuman" <neuman@radonc17.ucsf.edu>
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 10:53:21 -0700
Yea I think Pats right about the problem being with the starter.  You can
try what I do when this happens to me.  I carry an old jack handle and
hammer in the trunk.  Give the starter a few good whacks with this combo.  I
think that I would tap the solenoid and the starter a few times each and the
car would always start after that.  That's been working for a couple of
years.

        Daniel Neuman
        Oakland CA
        69 2000

$
$Fergus,
$
$With the indication that the ammeter goes to full discharge when you hit
$the start position, I believe you have a bad starter. Adding a push
$button under the dash will not help. I know it's a pain, but pull the
$starter and take it to a shop to be checked out.
$
$Peace,
$Pat