Re: Alignment question

To: "Greg Chirpich" <sportstergreg@everestkc.net>,
Subject: Re: Alignment question
From: "Daryl Smith" <drlsmith@telus.net>
Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2005 09:20:37 -0700
>> Although I haven't had mine aligned yet (two-years owner), I was told by
>> the
>> shop that does my inspections that I need to take mine to a shop that has
>> an
>> older alignment machine because the front and rear wheels are different
>> widths.  Is this correct?

It is BS as Mike says.
My brother is a mechanic and they use the same machine to align everything
from Austin Mini's to One Ton Dual Wheel pickups.

You have a case there with one of two things happening:

1. They don't know what they are doing.

OR, more likely,

2. They don't want to do it. (old car, likely rusty bolts, chance of
breaking one, have to replace it, harder to adjust than new
cars........)(they consider it more trouble than it's worth to their bottom
line)

Either way, you want to find another, reputable shop, to do the alignment
for you.

Where are you located, maybe someone has a suggestion?

Daryl