SU setup for 1800cc

To: "Datsun Roadster List" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: SU setup for 1800cc
From: "Daryl Smith" <drlsmith@telus.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 00:09:26 -0700
I am just about ready to fire up my R series based 1800cc engine with the 38mm
carbs.

Any advice as to how to set up the carbs?

It was running fairly well recently on the 1600 @ about 8:1 compression with
flat top pistons and stock cam (256*).

I am now at 1800cc and ~9.3:1 compression with a 270*
cam.

Considering the mixture is based on airflow, shouldn't it remain about the
same regardless of displacement of the engine?

I would prefer to not change the needles as this is a temporary setup, but if
it is deemed nescessary I would for the longevity of the engine. If I can get
by other ways (couple turns on the mixture screw?), to break in the engine
that would be preferred.

Thanks
Daryl