Re: SU setup for 1800cc

To: "Daryl Smith" <drlsmith@telus.net>,
Subject: Re: SU setup for 1800cc
From: RacerY@comcast.net
Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2005 19:57:06 +0000
It's
the theory that the only real 'break in'
that a fresh engine needs is to seat the rings.
(well, and seat the cam, but that's just 'don't let it idle')

So in the first 1/2 hour of the engine's life
you should either have lots of throttle
or none at all, to keep high combustion pressures
against the rings, or high vacuum
to scavenge particulate.

Basically, warm it up and then work it hard.
If you don't over- rev or let the engine idle much, you're actually
not really going against anything that other break- in regimes
suggest- except that you're working the engine at 1/2 or more load.

There's a website (for bikes) that goes on about it-
but I can't find the link.  Anyone?

Toby