backfiring/sputtering carbs

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: backfiring/sputtering carbs
From: "Joaquin Gomez" <pikis714@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 05:16:38 +0000
I have a strange issue here.  Car was running great but I removed the
aircleaner to clean the carbs and I did so Pulled the top piece and cleaned
the needles and the dome etc.  Put everything back together from both cars
and started the car up.  Gave it a rev and the sputtering had returned.  I
dont know why it started after I cleaned the carbs.  When it sputters there
is a lightup in the red spacer on both carbs but more on the rear carb
closest to firewall. And it seems like a small amount of black smoke comes
out of the throttle shaft area when it sputters.  It does it more when its
cold it wont even rev. And before I cleaned them it would....   I drove it
to burbank before I cleaned them and it ran like a dream, Clean them and it
runs like ISH*.  Any idvice/help/ideas are welcome!

Thanks

Joaquin
67.5 1600
Buena Park,CA

Is your PC infected? Get a FREE online computer virus scan from McAfee.