C and D tire test

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: C and D tire test
From: <mjsutter@cox.net>
Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2005 06:35:52 -0800
Listers,

Don't run out and buy the Continentals just yet....

I too read the article about the performance tire test. Read the data, then
make your own conclusions.

The tire that afforded the best dry surface grip, the best autocross time, the
best skid pad g-rating and the second best dry stopping distances was the BFG
g-force T/A KD. Car and Driver's test driver just didn't like the way the BFG
telegraphed after being pushed past their limits in the rain so they torpedoed
them. I don't operate my sports cars at their limits in the rain, let alone
drive them in it. I think the test was a good idea and provides great info,
but when they (C&D) applied their arbitrary weighting system to the data to
develop an overall rating, the specific attributes of each tire got lost in
the filtering.

Since only the final rating list was provided to the list, not the actual
performance data. I figured I'd chime in on BFG's behalf.

Yes, I own their tires. No, I don't work for them.

Mike Sutter

68 2000
66 Sunbeam Tiger
98 Kubota