Re: Replacing door Weather trim

To: Jim InVirginia <nqrithfordatsun@msn.com>
Subject: Re: Replacing door Weather trim
From: Pat Horne <pjhorne@mail.utexas.edu>
Date: Sat, 03 Jun 2006 06:06:48 -0500
Jim's right. that adhesive is great. One other thing to note. Use
alcohol and clean the weather strip off before gluing. Most weatherstrip
has a powdery coating on it. I think it must be some type of mold
release. Adhesive doesn't stick well to it, so get rid of it before hand.

Peace,
Pat
67.5 1600 awaiting an engine overhaul
Lockhart, Texas

Jim InVirginia wrote:

> The 3M product "weather strip adhesive" works great.  COmes in a red
> tube.  Get the black stuff, not the yellow stuff....dont know why they
> ever made yellow,but I  have a tube by mistake......
>
> Its thin and very sticky.  Put it on and wait a minute for it to get
> tacky, they put the weather strip on.  (all traces of the old stuff
> should be removed)
>
> Best Regards,
> Jim
> Chesapeake, Virginia
>

>> From: "Jones Barton" <jones_barton@msn.com>
>> To: "datsun-roadsters" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
>> Subject: Replacing door Weather trim
>> Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2006 14:24:04 -0700
>>
>> Hi Everybody
>>
>> I Just received a new door Weather Strip part# 76802-25500 from
>> Nissianparts.cc, it is for a 1969 1600.  Are there any tips for
>> putting this
>> part on? I am assuming this gets glued on in some way.  If so what
>> type of
>> glue should I use.  Any tips hints would be of much value.
>>
>> Jones Barton
>> 1969 1600
>> Steilacoom WA

-- Support Habitat for Humanity - a hand UP, not a hand OUT --