I did a better job of CC'ing my heads.

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: I did a better job of CC'ing my heads.
From: "Daniel Neuman" <neuman@radonc17.ucsf.edu>
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2006 14:26:47 -0700
First off, has anybody ever CC'd their U-20 head?  If so what kind of
numbers did you get?

Here are the measurements needed for calculating CR.  I improved my CC'ing
setup http://madmadscientist.com/cyl_head/ It's the first picture on this
page.

            Combustion Chamber volume = 38.0 cc

            Bore = 3.460 "

            Stroke = 3.235"

            Deck Height = .025"

            Compressed Head Gasket Thickness = .04"

I know my head is probably thinner than it should be ~4.450" (I think that
was not as easy of a measurement to make as I thought..)

If I plug these #'s into this online CR Calculator
http://www.turbofast.com.au/Tfcomp.html I get a CR of 11.37!!!

That's a little high I think.  Playing with the calc a bit I see that if I
use two head gaskets for a thickness of .08" my CR drops to a more
reasonable  10.19  If I want to get down to the lower CR that a supercharged
engine would require  (~8.5) it would require a head gasket thickness of
.16"

Do these numbers seem way wacky to y'all

I really really want to try to get the engine together before Shasta this
year..

            Thanks in advance,

                        Daniel Neuman

                        Oakland CA