Re: I did a better job of CC'ing my heads.

To: Daniel Neuman <neuman@radonc17.ucsf.edu>,
Subject: Re: I did a better job of CC'ing my heads.
From: Jerry Krakauer <jsk977@optonline.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 17:25:59 -0400
Pulled out some old figures from the early 70s for a head that BSR worked on
for me:

chamber volume  = 36.5 cc
volume of piston and head gasket  = 10 cc
bore = .0040 over
compression ratio  = 11.7:1

BTW they indicated that a stock chamber had a volume of 47.6 cc

This by the way was far more conservative that the previous rebuild they
did.  Using dome top R16 pistons flycut for valve clearance and .0020"
milled off the head the compression ratio was 12.5:1. Real tough on the
starter, and Sunoco 260 or 100/145 avgas only.

Jerry Krakauer
SRL311 00099