RE: Limited Slip Differentials

To: "'Tom @ Datsun2000'" <tom@datsun2000.com>,
Subject: RE: Limited Slip Differentials
From: "Victor Laury" <vlaury@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 17:37:52 -0700
>Tom Wrote - It took me a while to figure out why the speedo is off 15%.
A 4:38 differential and the current tires seem to explain that reading
error. It is just toooooo much fun.  A little hard on fuel consumption

I feel the same way about mine. With it, the 125+ that was attainable
with the 3.7 gear is out of reach. 105 is all I got the balls (or crank
bearings) to do. Jumping out of a curve is just too good with the 4.38.
5th gear is now just a tad taller than a 1600 in 4th. I'm running
195/60/14's and It seems a HELL of a lot more than 15%! It seems my
speedo is always reading 140.

Victor Laury
Downtown Los Angeles
70 SRL Roadster