Re: past revisited, new Datsun in the family

To: chalsted@adelphia.net, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: past revisited, new Datsun in the family
From: RoadsterGB@aol.com
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2006 07:52:51 EDT
<< I have a 5spd around for one of these, anyone on the list know if  it's a
bolt-in? >>

Hi Craig - it certainly should be a bolt on - all UK 240Zs and 260Zs had  the
5 speed (we didn't get the 280Z). A couple of UK guys I know have converted
US 4-speed cars to 5 speed and apparently some cars (later cars?) need the
gear shift hole extending backwards. The throw out bearing may be  different.
If
so, use the one off the 4 speed. Speedo should work fine  also.

Should make an interesting car. Congrats! Rob