R16 water tower removal

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: R16 water tower removal
From: Eric <egustavson@bigpond.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 07:42:12 +1000
I too had this problem with the 2-stud tower on my late R16 - it was
stuck on so tightly by corrosion that I couldn't remove it without risk
of dmaging the alloy head.  So, I used my Dremel with a thin cutting
wheel, and made cuts through the tower, aligned with the studs, making
it oh so easy to remove.  Of course, I had a new one in hand when I did
that. The studs were corroded but not fatally - just enough to stick to
the tower.

On inspection of the old part, I had an absolutely classic PO fix - the
spigot had been broken and repaired with epoxy and a bit of vacuum
cleaner tubing - I'd kinda wondered why it was painted black and looked
a little lumpy.....

Eric in Townsville