Re: Water tower removal soak option

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Water tower removal soak option
From: RacerY@comcast.net
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 21:20:36 +0000
Don't forget the heat wrench-
carefully heat the bugger with a propane torch, then let it cool.

If that doesn't do it, repeat- maybe this time with some sort of penetrant
first.

Last ditch is to heat it and try to remove it hot.

It is possible to melt it, so while you want to get it nice and hot,  (maybe as
high as 600f) be careful not to melt a hole in the thing, which will happen at
1200f or so...

Toby

From: "John F Sandhoff" <sandhoff@csus.edu>