Re: Loss of power

To: "Dana Scribner" <dscrib2@hotmail.com>,
Subject: Re: Loss of power
From: RacerY@comcast.net
Date: Tue, 01 Aug 2006 23:47:59 +0000
That was my problem-
I found it by winding the car out until it really started dying.
Then, with foot still on the throttle, I switched off and clutched in, and
rolled to the side of the road (not advised on I5 southbound in LA, btw)

Pulled the tops off the carb float bowls- sure enough, both were nearly dry.

I put a 1/16" restrictor in the return, and all is well.

The only other time I had that symptom, the PO had milled the head just a
little too much- and the domes were smacking it!  But that's a different
story....

hth
Toby
From: "Richard Brown" <reblues@reblues.net>