Re: New yard art

To: reblues@reblues.net, Datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: New yard art
From: BARTERDUDE@aol.com
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2006 08:49:47 EDT
Richard - dreams do come true.  I had a similar experience.  I  had taken my
'63 to a local shop for some work and they told me the delivery gal  saw it
and asked if I wanted another "Fairlady".  Since my is a true  Fairlady, I was
intrigued, so I dropped by the local NAPA auto parts heading  home and talked
with her.  They had a car in the backyard for 7 years  parked by her dad and it
was heading to the scrap heap.

We stopped by (yeah my wife was with me - tow bar in hand) and discovered  it
was not a fairlady ('63 - '65), but a '69 2000 with a scripted FAIRLADY
insignia on the back.  It was not covered, top windows were gone, mud and
leaves
3 - 4 inches deep inside, but I saw potential.

You can see its evolution on _www.wycroc.org_ (http://www.wycroc.org)  under
OUR GANG - Gary  Lasater.  It's now a gorgeous yellow and black and runs like
a  banshee.

BTW - that was my third roadster around the house (now have 5).

Gary Lasater  - Parker CO
founding member _www.WyCROC.org_ (http://www.wycroc.org/)
1963 SPL310-00161C
1963  SPL310-00289B (Single Carb)