Re: transporting a rear clip - part two

To: Brian Reynolds <brianrreynolds@yahoo.com>,
Subject: Re: transporting a rear clip - part two
From: RacerY@comcast.net
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2006 03:01:27 +0000
I'd actually argue,
that if you get the alignment of the new clip RIGHT,
it's better to clip it than to panel it.  Fitting a panel is
a lot of work, and the factory way was old- world- lots of welds and lead over
that.
The one real caveat is that you'd better be GOOD at welding, either in lap or
butt.  Or both, really, as you'll have to butt weld some of it.
The body has a bunch of strength to add to the frame.

As to strapping it to the top of your Taurus- go for it!  But use rachet straps
(at least 4) and get them nice and tight.  And check them after a few miles,
and periodically after that.  I'd load the clip backwards, as it's more
aerodynamic that way! (heh heh)   It can't weigh more than 150 lbs.

And if it flies off, I don't know any of you!

hee hee...

Toby

 I'm still hoping for a reply to the second half of my