FW: Ball Joint Update, Phase 2

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: FW: Ball Joint Update, Phase 2
From: "Matthew A. Smith" <matthews517@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 19:20:52 -0400
Hi Linda,
If you'll tell me who to make the check(s) out to, I'd be glad to send
it/them. While I'm not a mechanical expert, a local mechanic is. (Rivergate
Racing, including Bill and Will Perry. Bill's been racing SCCA since 1965
and is currently the Regional Executive of the Chattanooga Region, SCCA).

I'd be glad to pay my full price up front with a purchase agreement, (I
believe I mentioned that I'd take a set, plus one for a spare). I could send
two checks for $90 then work out any balance after, if that works.

Living in Chattanooga TN, I'd be glad to run one of the test parts to
Tellico Plains, across the Cherohala Skyway, and up the Tail of the Dragon
in the Smokies and report back (SERIOUS twisties. For those who don't know,
we're talking Highway 129. 319 curves in 11 miles in The Tail). I don't know
if I can have the part Magnafluxed after to tell how the metal held up, but
I'm sure I can get an honest opinion on the part from Bill or Will.

I have to let ya know. It's not an entirely an altruistic sacrifice that I'm
willing to put Loreli on the (double yellow) line for this. I'm in serious
need of a lower ball joint. I keep getting beaten out on eBay. I can't
really afford a new one right now (plus these, plus installation). 90 days
AFTER testing sounds like a really long time (and good driving weather will
be harder to find!) I know I'm not a racing team, but some real road use
could be handy info too.

Matt Smith,
And Loreli (she's a 70' Silver Solex).