RE: Gauges

To: <hallosb@juno.com>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Gauges
From: "Graeme" <graemes@internode.on.net>
Date: Thu, 3 May 2007 09:46:37 +0930
"Why would you be measuring resistance?  If you're checking to see if you
have a gauge problem, wouldn't you use a test light to see if you're getting
power to the gauge?
Paul writes:  Does anyone know the Ohms res for the combo Oil pres & Temp
guage on an early car or specifically 67.5 2L?"

I think the gauge repairer is more concerned with checking the gauge
operation with the correct sender attached, i.e. operation and calibration.
I can see where he is coming from.
Modern [EFI] cars have this data freely available in the Workshop Manual but
Temp. [and Pressure] V Resistance for a 40+ Y.O. car is a bit of an unknown.
If I get enthusiastic, I might dig out my senders and do a wee bit of
experimenting.
The Temp. sender will be relatively easy to plot the characteristics to, the
oil pressure sender, Hmmmmm!

2:57 PM