no brake lights- suggestions?

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: no brake lights- suggestions?
From: "Craig Halsted" <chalsted@adelphia.net>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2007 20:58:25 -0400
could use some collective wisdom here. running lights, turnsignals, and
flashers work but no brake lights. if I pull the 2 wires off the 2 plugs
coming off the switch the brake pedal actuates and touch those wires
together, shouldn't I have brake lights (checking the switch) or at any rate
shouldn't one of those wires be hot all the time and the switch completes
the circuit? open to suggestions....want to drive it up to Pleasantville
saturday morning :-) if one's supposed to be hot and isn't, how hard is it
to run a separate brake light circuit?

Thanks-
Craig
Electrically challenged