Water tower gasket question: Gasket Options and the wonders of

To: tputland@charter.net, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Water tower gasket question: Gasket Options and the wonders of
From: "Jim InVirginia" <nqrithfordatsun@msn.com>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 16:30:30 -0400
If the gasket tower is corroded, using liberal amounts of permatex (pliable
non-hardening) or a good grade of silcant is a good idea.

Mine is really corroded, and i used some rubber sheet as a gasket, actually
it was Navy LCAC bag material. Took some time to cut out the gasket, but it
works well for several years now.

If you get the tower off, strongly recommend  that you spend some time
plastering anti-sieze on the tower studs and other hardware so the
aluminum-steel corrosion does not weld these part together.

Best Regards,
Jim
Chesapeake,
Virginia