Head thickness specs/ overheating

To: "datsun-roadsters: autox.team.net" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Head thickness specs/ overheating
From: <tputland@charter.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 9:57:31 -0700
Sorry this is rather verbose.

I am over heating within five miles of driving--and it was not a hot day last
Saturday. I have a new water pump, new water tower that does not leak, a 160
thermostat, what should be a three core radiator, and I am pretty sure I have
all the air out of the system. The timing should be set correctly after
installing a Gary Boone dizzy. Idle is rough but might be incorrect needles
after the de smog process.

After reading what I could find about overheating on the 311.org site, I am
wondering if the head was cut too much last fall? If so I am going to cry...

I need to know what an uncut head measures and what the minimum thickness a
late model head can be. Can I measure the head on my car with out removing it?

I just spent an hour or so looking at the 311.org forum and cannot seem to find
head specs.

Someone please send me the 311.org link for head information, or just the info
I need please.

Again, sorry for the length of this.

Hot in Wisconsin,

Tim
Belleville, WI.
'70 SPL AND SRL...and now a part car FOR SALE cheap cheap..and again, until I
find another...
                       Still clueless but always learning