Re: Charging System Part II - Good News/Bad News

To: Brian Hollands <Bhollan4@tampabay.rr.com>
Subject: Re: Charging System Part II - Good News/Bad News
From: Pat Horne <roadsters@hornesystemstx.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2007 10:23:54 -0500
There could also be a bad connection between the alternator and ammeter
causing the problem.

Some car owner's have installed a fuse or fuse wire between the
alternator and ammeter. If you have one and it blows it will cause the
same symptoms. A voltage check at the large wire on the alternator to
ground will tell if thats the case or not. If the voltage with engine
running is above battery voltage by more than about 0.5 volts the
problem is with the wiring between the alternator and the rest of the car.

Good luck.

Peace,
Pat

Thusly spake Brian Hollands:

--
Pat Horne, Owner, Horne Systems
(512) 797-7501 Voice            5026 FM 2001