RE: How easily is the solenoid removed from the starter?

To: "'RWM \(Out of the Office\)'" <RWM@RWMann.com>, "'Datsun Roadster
Subject: RE: How easily is the solenoid removed from the starter?
From: "Graeme" <graemes@internode.on.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2007 12:45:22 +0930
Can anyone who has done this tell me how, and how easily, is the solenoid
removed from the starter?  Any tips or tricks?

The solenoid has screws holding the main switch assy. to the cast front
bracket, the bit that bolts to the engine.
310s have 2, 311s have 3 I think.
Don't like your chances of getting these out if the starter is mounted on
the engine still.
When these are out, the switch needs to be disengaged from the shift lever
assy which operates the bendix drive gear.
There are a few gaskets/spacers involved so make sure you don't trash them.
I can send you some pics. Of the parts breakdown if you want.

3:41 PM