RE: the gasket goes where?

To: "'Bill Oakes'" <boakes@gmail.com>, "'roadster list'"
Subject: RE: the gasket goes where?
From: "Graeme" <graemes@internode.on.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2007 11:27:53 +0930
"Also, tried to install the wiper motor, but don't remember what goes
between the bottom of the motor mount and the firewall - I put the heater
box in for a trial fit (heater core being fixed or replaced) and nothing
lines up."

OK, it is not an SP310 but I think I can help.

The wiper motor looks to me to be reversed.
Does it fit if the "motor" is on the LHS so that the "step" in the mount
faces the other way to mate up with the dash panel?

It appears that the blower fan housing and heater box are just sitting
there, correct?
The whole caboose, I think, needs to be rotated.
The RHS of the heater box is actually the front I believe, which should have
a panel with two flap valves on it.
Temporarily fit the rest of the box together to try and get a picture of
what goes where.
The current front of the blower housing is actually the air inlet and should
mate up with a flange and valve assy on the underside of the air plenum,
that big air box forward of the windshield.
For a LHD car that flange should be midway over the RHS passenger footwell,
and there should be a flexible/rigid duct to go between the plenum and the
blower housing.
My head is starting to hurt trying to visualise all this but start by lining
up the heater core hose connections with the corresponding holes in the
firewall/heater tap.
That should give you some mounting points to line up with the heater
box/blower housing and firewall etc.
BTW, what model is the car??
Try: -
http://carfiche.com/fiche009/311/
For some pics. Of the 311 they may be of help in locating those pesky rubber
bits!

3:41 PM