the gasket goes where?

To: "roadster list" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: the gasket goes where?
From: "Bill Oakes" <boakes@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2007 13:21:28 -0500
Ok, bit the bullet and bought a $800+ kit of rubber, gaskets and
goodies, now I have to figure out what goes where. The set is nice,
but more than half of the packages aren't labeled at all, and for
someone on their first Roadster (that came to me disassembled already)
this is tough.

First, for the door and hood bump stops (or whatever they're called),
there is a solid piece and a hollowed out piece (see pix). The solid
one looks similar to what is left of my old ones, but doesn't line up
right, there is a 1/4" gap between the stop and the body, is that
right?

I used the hollowed out ones for the hood, fit, but seem to sit above
the fender, is that right?

Also, tried to install the wiper motor, but don't remember what goes
between the bottom of the motor mount and the firewall - I put the
heater box in for a trial fit (heater core being fixed or replaced)
and nothing lines up.

help??

pix are at:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/datzun/sets/72157600820597852