Re: [Roadsters] OT: How fast do you have to be going to do this???

To: "Roadster List" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] OT: How fast do you have to be going to do this???
From: ppeters914@comcast.net
Date: Wed, 02 Jan 2008 21:15:02 +0000
Years of motorcycling taught me that a) I am invisible, and b) Everyone is
trying to kill me.

I wish everyone was required to ride a motorcycle for a year or two before
being allowed to drive a car. The ones that survive will be the ones that learn
defensive driving! <g>

Yeah, yeah, wishful thinking. Next I'll be wanting honest politicians concerned
about doing what's best for the country.....

Pete

From: "Gordon Glasgow" <gsglasgow@comcast.net>
> No matter how good the car is, there's always some combination of
> circumstances that will do it in.
>
> I've always figured the best defense is a good offense. The best way to
> survive a wreck is to avoid being involved in one. So I try to be constantly
> aware of everything that is going on around me (front AND rear) in a
> predictive way. I'm looking at car behavior, not just position, and if I see
> someone who is driving erratically or making sudden moves, I give them more
> attention as I get near them.

[snip]