Re: [Roadsters] 2000 Solex Carb expert, rebuilder? (other idea)

To: Datsun-Roadsters Mail List <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] 2000 Solex Carb expert, rebuilder? (other idea)
From: Eric <egustavson@bigpond.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2008 17:32:18 +1000
There is a small brass blanking plug that closes off a drillway in the
cold start circuit on the old carbs. Sometimes it leaks and there's no
way you can tune this out without fixing it. The symptom is that the
engine runs rich on one cylinder. It can be fixed with a small brass
drift and <light> hammer tap or two. I have seen several old-style carbs
with this problem and it is easy to fix. The diagnosis is the hard bit.

regards
Eric in Townsville