Re: [Roadsters] OT Datsun subject: Wintertime warmer-upper,

To: "O'Farrell, Fergus" <Fergus.OFarrell@ngc.com>,
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] OT Datsun subject: Wintertime warmer-upper,
From: "Tom Hendricksen" <tom@datsun2000.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 15:40:10 -0800
Nice pictures.  A couple of them brought back memories.  Some good, and some
not so good.

The Pantera's reminded me of the cars my father drove home from work.
Anything on the driveway was fair game for me to drive, and he sold cars for
aLincoln/Mercury dealership that also sold Pantera ($15,000 new).  Once in a
while one of the cars he drove home was a Pantera and it disappeared quickly
as I took off for the evening.

The other memory was the Ford Cortina.  I was taking one of these from the
dealership to the paint shop and BOTH tie rod ends came loose, one at a
time.  They remained connected to the steering joints, but the front wheels
were free to flop around a little bit as I went down the road.  This
happened on a the Marquam bridge on Interstate 5 in Portland.  I made it to
the paint shop, but they towed the car back to the dealership.

Tom
69 2000 - Mr. Hyde
Portland
http://www.datsun2000.com