Re: [Roadsters] Jack info: was Original Emergency Jack - Lookingfor

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Jack info: was Original Emergency Jack - Lookingfor
From: "dave" <daveandlindab@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 20:21:49 -0500
I have the same jack, Harbor Freight sells it also. There are some smaller
ones, but they are heavier. I haven't used my big 2 1/2 ton since I got the
little one.  Best to store it upright, not on it's side, and if you cut a
piece of plywood the size of your spare tire with a 4 inch hole in the
middle, you can store it under the tire and have something to put under the
jack without taking up trunk space.  If you go to the local home store and
buy a 3 foot piece of foam pipe insulation, you can put it over the handle
of the jack.  It comes up beyond vertical and can hit the car.  Also keeps
the handle from rattling in the trunk.

Dave Brisco

Linda,

I know it's been a while since this subject, but here goes. I have this
exact jack in Loreli's trunk:

http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_6970_200313500
_200313500

  _____