[Roadsters] Alternator w/ regulator

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: [Roadsters] Alternator w/ regulator
From: rick celis <dcon48@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 15:17:45 -0800 (PST)
Hello everyone,
I'm having electrical problems with my 70 1600 where the battery isn't being
recharged. I had my alternator rebuilt and the regulator changed and was
working good for about 2 months then died. I had the alternator tested and it
is only putting out 12.3 volts or so at idle and does not reach 13.5 until
about 2700 rpm. I figure it is a bad rebuild or faulty regulator. I would
rather get a stronger alternator with a built in regulator but don't know of
any. Does anyone know of any that will fit with minor or no modification? Also
what do they go for?

Thank You
Rick Celi70 1600