Re: [Roadsters] A couple of questions

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] A couple of questions
From: peter harrison <granvillecomputing@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 22:37:38 -0700
Matthew
Having just taken my dash out and looked behind the scenes, IMHO, it would be
v. hard to take the clock out, speedo, yup, tach, yup, gauge cluster, praps,
oil sender would be a toughie, but unless you have access to a person with
long and narrow wrists - not going to be easy -- there is a nut on each side
of the clock that hold it in place and they are right up against the front of
the dash.

I have it on good authority, that r&r can be accomplished in 2 hours or so,
provided that the relevant screws/bolts are not too tight.

Peter

> From: matthews517@earthlink.net> To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net> Date:
Wed, 16 Apr 2008 20:58:23 -0400> Subject: [Roadsters] A couple of > > Hi All,>
> In order to save multiple emails, here are a few questions regarding my '70>
SRL:> > How do I get the clock out without removing the dash? Is this
possible? (I> felt back there, and there don't seem to be any nuts to remove,
as I'd> hoped. I want to mount the Harmon Kardon "drive and play" screen in
that> space)> > What parts do I ask for when getting a cap/rotor for a
non-vacuum advance> Gary Boone EI? (I lost the page with that info)> > If I
wish to replace the old style flasher unit with an electronic type(s),> how
many do I need? (I see multiples on the wiring schematic)> > > > Preparing for
Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html> > You are subscribed as
http://www.team.net/archive> >