Re: [Roadsters] Body Weight

To: bstjacques@atrua.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Body Weight
From: jover4x4@aol.com
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2008 11:41:11 -0400
Anyone have a rough idea on the weight of the roadster body by itself? I
have the interior fully gutted, no top, all body panels in place. Any
recommendations on the number of people to use to lift it off the frame?

Brian,

I lifted my body off of the frame with a typical engine cherry picker.? I
attached a chain to the seat belt mounting holes on the tunnel and hooked the
cherry picker to that.? It took one person manning the lift and one man on
front since the mounting location was not at the center of gravity.? When
lifted like this the person in front of the body must support a weight of
approximately?75 pounds.? I think this would be safer than trying to lift with
4 people.? I did give that a thought though.

Note: keep doors on to help structurally support body and?be careful to not?hit
the boom with top of door.

John Over

Anyone have a rough idea on the weight of the roadster body by itself? I
have the interior fully gutted, no top, all body panels in place. Any
recommendations on the number of people to use to lift it off the frame?

Brian
'68 1600
You are subscribed as jover4x4@aol.com