Re: [Roadsters] OK Ebay trash and painting thoughts

To: Davesmbox@aol.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] OK Ebay trash and painting thoughts
From: Keith0alan@aol.com
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 12:39:08 EDT
In a message dated 4/22/2008 9:27:28 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
davesmbox@aol.com writes:

HOW BAD  IS THE $500 MAACO paint job. I won't let them prep it,that's the
money. Is it  that bad for a few years?

If you do the prep work it's not too bad. That's what a friend and I did to
his 66. Removed all the chrome, lights, windshield, did the body work, did
most  of the masking, loaded it onto the trailer and hauled it down. We used
One-Day  Paint and Body. They all shoot pretty much the same paint and are
fairly
good at  it. After the paint cures you can wet sand it to get the orange peel
out and it  will look really nice. It won't last as long as top of the line
paint but it  should be good for a number of years with some care.

keith

listings at AOL Autos.