Re: [Roadsters] OT: daily driver smog check results,

To: "O'Farrell, Fergus" <Fergus.OFarrell@ngc.com>,
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] OT: daily driver smog check results,
From: "Stephen Wan" <steve@olsonarchitect.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 10:20:57 -0700
Fergus,
HC and NO are usually inversely related.  If one goes up, the other goes
down.
High HC is usually caused by running rich.  High NO is usually caused by
high combustion temperatures; advanced timing, running lean, etc.
This suggests that you are not getting a complete burn. Especially when it
cleans up at higher RPM's when timing isn't as crucial.
I'd change the plugs, cap and rotor and check the wires before your next
smog check.

Steve
70' 1600